Thursday, January 22, 2015

There was an activity in the Cameron reading that involved writing down everything you see or feel in a certain amount of time. I decided to go ahead and try this out. I found it interesting to see my thoughts and feelings that usually never leave my head, written down on paper. I've realized that I have a scatter brain but to actually see this happening and filling a paper. The thoughts that I had in that little amount of time amazed me.
My mind does not stay on one thing for too long; it is just who I am. I realize that maybe writing my thoughts down could help me be a bit more organized and help me stay focused. Since I've started college this has been a big thing for me with homework assignments and upcoming events. Writing things down helps because with my mind moving so fast all the time, i tend to forget about things. So whenever something important is coming up like an exam or a big project, i write those things down so that the unimportant things running through my brain don't get in the way of my priorities.
Along with writing down important daily things to try to help with my fast pace thinking, every now and then i try to write down how i feel. I'll usually write a letter to the person on my mind, positive or negative, and then throw it away. Though I didn't give them the letter, it still allowed me to get those things off my mind so that i can focus on other things. Other (most) times I will write a poem because I can be a secretive person. Poems allow me to express myself possibly with a play on words here and there. This makes me feel more comfortable because if someone happens to come across my private thoughts they may still not understand what/who it is that I am talking about. With that being said, writing has helped me and I think it is a good form of expression and can help everyone out at some point or another.

1 comment: