Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tocqueville

This week I read Tocqueville (pg 22-46) and though I was a bit confused, I liked it. For some time I honestly couldn't tell if the section was broken into pieces or if it was one whole poem. However I feel like all of the sections were on good topics. I'd also like to add that even though it was all over the place, it oddly still flowed.

I enjoyed the very first page which talked about race. It lists name of different backgrounds but puts them all in one category. It starts by talking specifically about certain individuals. Then I feel like it's basically saying that we shouldn't fight each other since, in reality we're all fighting the same fight. 

The entire reading was so good I also wanted to talk about the middle section on page 29. It was brutal and sounds like something you'd see on a crime show called criminal minds. I believe it's about a home invasion but overall a test of love. At first I was disappointed that the father would take his own child's life instead of giving their own. If they had taken his life first, there's no telling what would've happened to the child? Was it better to kill his child quickly himself or risk leaving it in a worse situation. However after he took his child's life they cut his arms off, so did he fail the test??

No comments:

Post a Comment