Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Music is Life

I read through the essay packet right before moving on to finish my first essay assignment. I came across Joy Harjo's "Suspended" and I found it interesting. Ironically the word I chose to focus on for my assignment was music, which is what the essay was about. This just proves that music plays such a huge role in our everyday life. However everyone's experiences, preferences and views are different.
There are so many genres for everyone to dabble through. Music can be inspirational for everyone but it touches everyone differently. Depending on someone's upbringing, daily struggles and morals music can be taken many different ways. Music is so diverse that it can be broke down so many ways. Music is worldwide, controversial and its not going anywhere.
Seeing how music makes different people feel in many different situations just makes me think about what life would be without it.
Music has gotten me and (I'm pretty sure) a lot of other people through some things in life. Whether it be a breakup or intense anger in the moment, music helps people cope or relax. It can sometimes be comforting, especially when the artist seems to relate. I personally feel that music makes the world go round.

1 comment:

  1. great responses here the past few weeks... it would be nice to see you bring these ideas into the class discussions...

    ReplyDelete